This blog was created for all those out there who are thinking of selling their home FSBO or are already doing it. You are not alone! Read from the bottom up.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Why Go FSBO


My husband and I decided to put our condo up for sale FSBO. Our friends and neighbors understood immediately the reasons behind doing it ourselves, as opposed to going through a realtor. The question that realtors can't stop asking us is "Why are you selling FSBO?"

The answer doesn't vary too much: for 6% of my $500K dollar condo, I can do the job. The realtors don't think so. In their minds, FSBO sellers are threatening to take away their business. In some way realtors are right. FSBO sellers are challenging the traditional buy and sell real estate transaction. However, they have all the right to do so. After all, it's their property, and there is no reason why an owner can't decide to sell on his own.

Oh, and one last thing. Realtors are essentially middlemen in the transaction. They produce no output. They get a cut of what's not theirs. And I would rather give my money to a lawyer to mediate through a complex real estate transaction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home