This blog was created for all those out there who are thinking of selling their home FSBO or are already doing it. You are not alone! Read from the bottom up.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Market Research - Part I


Realtors think that the general public is not informed. In some cases they are right, since not everyone has access to all kinds of useful information. But I may! If I wanted to know exactly who my target buyer audience is, I don't need a realtor to tell me and in the process eat a chunk of my money. Instead, I suggest realtors stop treating people like sheep and stop showing them crap housing. But who is my buyer audience in Morris County?

Demographic Key Findings for Morris County, NJ
Reference: State

Skew Attribute
very good - Affluent Suburban Spreads
very good - Whites and Other Races
very good - Income $100,000 +
very good - College Graduate
good - Own

**Source: Spectra Marketing Data Release 06B

Well, looks like we've eliminated pretty much everyone 'undesirable' and we end up with a relatively agreeable public (at least according to the demographic report).

While the statement above is sarcastic, people coming to view the condo actually drop statements like that. One woman who came in had the indignity to say: "Morristown would be OK if it weren't for those Mexicans, scattered like cockroaches on Elm Street...." If we were prepared for anything, we were not prepared for this. Not from our nice demographic profile above. It is sad but true, that those people exist everywhere, and are continuously undermining efforts to accept diversity as a fact of life. Needless to say, I wanted to pull that woman out of the house by her shaggy hair, and give her a nice kick in the backside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home